*****This post was originally written on 11/8/11*****
The past few days I have either been STARVING or feeling icky and tired. Luckily (and fingers crossed it stays this way), I have not gotten so sick that I feel like I need to puke. If you know me, you know how much of a puke phobia I have, so I’m fine with just being nauseous. It’s still more of a hungover feeling – tired, wanting to lay around all day, and stomach doesn’t feel good but I can still keep down food.
I’m really nervous about weight gain now because when my stomach does feel fine, I am so unbelievably hungry. It’s unreal how much food I’m eating. On my way to work each day I eat a peanut butter granola bar so I don’t get queasy during the ride. Today when I actually got to work, I had a bagel thin with cream cheese. Then an hour later I had yogurt mixed with some strawberries and honey nut Cheerios. Then a few Wheat Thins around noon. We had pizza delivered to the office for lunch, so I had a couple pieces of that. An hour later I had carrots with some ranch dip. Around 3:3oish I was so freaking hungry again that I gave in and ate my PB&J that was supposed to be for lunch if I didn’t want pizza. As soon as I got home, my stomach was growling again. I was craving something sweet so I went with red apple slices. Hubby’s in the process of making soup now, but it’s taking an hour to make, so I had a couple pieces of Italian bread with butter and then some leftover meatballs with sauce because I could not wait until the soup was done. AND NOW I’M STILL HUNGRY. Omg I could eat an entire buffet right now, I swear.
At least I’m getting in some fruits and veggies (I’m trying to stay away from crackers and Goldfish unless I really need them to calm the nausea), but I feel huge already. I’ve read you’re only supposed to eat an additional 300 calories a day compared to what you usually eat, but I’m probably doubling that at this point! I’m hoping this hunger feeling calms down in the next few weeks.
- How far along?: 8 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: raspberry
- Total weight gain/loss: I think I’m going to go with ranges now – so in the +3 to 5 pound range
- The Bump: a bloated tummy, but no real bump
- Symptoms: Hungry or nauseous – there’s really no in-between feeling at this point. Oh and majorly sore boobs.
- Food Cravings: Nothing in particular – I’ve noticed I’m eating a lot of salty foods, though.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: If I don’t keep eating, I get nauseous. Small meals and snacks throughout the day help.
- Sleep: Waking up once a night to pee, other than that, sleep is good.
- What I miss: Beer. We have a case of Shipyard Pumpkinheads left and they are so tempting.
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: I made hubby look at some last night…let’s just say it’s going to take some time to agree on ones!
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: N/A – but the pants I wore to work today were feeling pretty tight around the waist
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: This is lame, but finding the maternity section in our local Old Navy – at least I can try some stuff on in the store instead of ordering online!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Telling the rest of our friends…we are not that worried about telling people now even though it’s still early on, so they’ll probably start finding out in the next few weeks.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m purposely wearing the same outfit each week so it’s easier to see how much I grow. So far all I notice is a larger chest and no real difference with my belly :(