****This post was originally written on 10/12/11****
I knew I was pregnant on Sunday 10/9. I woke up that morning around 8ish and tried to sleep in but it just wasn’t happening. I watched TV for a little and then drifted back to sleep. I woke up at 11 and lounged on the couch for a few hours but I was ex-haus-ted. Typically Sundays are my “lazy” day but this Sunday was a total exaggeration of that. I went back upstairs to take a nap and promptly fell asleep for another 2 hours. Now, if you know me, I do love my naps, but I never nap after sleeping in late. I think this was the big clue to hubby that I was preggo as it just seemed odd how tired I was. I had no other symptoms of feeling ill, so I knew I wasn’t getting sick.
Besides the fatigue, I was HUNGRY once I woke up. That continued into Monday when I was home for Columbus Day. But other than the fatigue and extra hunger, I didn’t notice anything else out of the ordinary. In fact, I swore that time of the month was coming Tuesday – I felt bloated and crampy and figured I must have been mistaken about Sunday. Well it didn’t come that day at work and when I got home, hubby kept bugging me to take a pregnancy test. I was pretty shocked to see the positive sign come up right away. Don’t get me wrong – I’m beyond excited now! But I was feeling very “glass half empty” before I took the test as I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case it came up negative.
Last night I had so many butterflies in my stomach that I barely slept. It was like getting ready to go to school for the new year. I’m not sure why I was so nervous, probably just because I was thinking about some changes I need to make to my diet and random things kept popping into my head. This morning when I woke up, I was more just excited and not so nervous. I called today to make the appointment for my pre-natal care and ultrasound on Halloween – this is going to be a long two weeks to wait for that, but I’ll feel better once that appointment comes.
- How far along?: 4 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Poppyseed
- Total weight gain/loss: Actually lost 0.2 today
- The Bump: Definitely no bump yet
- Symptoms: Feeling bloated now and a little crampy. Very tired this past weekend, had some mood swings, and I’ve been starving all day at work. I stocked up on healthy snacks today so I can keep munching at my desk.
- Food Cravings: Not craving anything particular…just really really hungry!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nope, not yet thank God!
- Sleep: I’ve been waking up at 5:30 every morning this week and have such a hard time falling back asleep for another hour until my alarm goes off :(
- What I miss: Deli turkey sandwiches for lunch every day…once you have a routine, it’s hard to break! And no more Skinny Cows or sugar free pudding…guess I’m going to have to get the real stuff soon :)
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: Nope, haven’t talked about it
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: N/A
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the positive sign last night! Tuesday 10/11/11
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: First appointment on Halloween!
I’m not a huge fan of my tummy to begin with, but I know I’ll regret not taking pictures each week. So here’s me at 4 weeks…that’s as flat as I’ve ever been after losing 34 pounds! And let’s just say how hard it is taking a picture of yourself in a mirror while turned sideways…let’s hope I get better with these over the new few weeks! I just realized the camera strap is blocking my bum but I guess that’s a good thing :)