I was feeling a little anxious the past few days for our appointment today. Even though I swear my tummy’s looking more round and I’ve been more and more tired lately, it still doesn’t feel real that there’s a baby growing in me. And the fact that I’ve had little morning sickness was making me even more nervous, like something isn’t right. Anyways we got to the doctor’s and the nurse was using the doppler to try to hear the heartbeat. She wasn’t pressing very hard but since I’ve never had them do this before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. All we heard was a lot of noise, but nothing that sounded like a heartbeat. She kept moving the doppler all over my lower abdomen and I think she could tell I was getting worried, since then she said it was normal not to pick up the heartbeat right away. She told me she would have the doctor try and if he couldn’t get anything then I would have an ultrasound. The doctor came in and pushed on me with a lot more pressure and could get it almost immediately. Swoosh swoosh swoosh – there was that reassuring sound :) Baby C’s heartbeat was 160 which he said was good.
I was disappointed they weren’t going to do an ultrasound today, though, since we were hoping for updated pictures. I want to use one as part of our Christmas card design this year. Since we decided to have the early risk ultrasound, the doctor said I needed to come back in 10 days, so at least it’s not that much longer until we can see Baby C again.
Thanksgiving was last week and it went well – I’m surprised I held up as well as I did! I didn’t get too tired until when my parents left later that night. Then Sista and I took a nap and joined the Black Friday madness at midnight. I did get some good deals and ended up buying maternity jeans at Old Navy (haven’t tried them on yet, though), and a couple pairs at Kohl’s. My regular jeans still fit but are just not comfy to wear for a long period of time anymore. May be officially switching over this weekend :)
- How far along?: 11 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: lime…getting bigger!
- Total weight gain/loss: +5 to 7 pound range
- The Bump: Just something I notice…Hubby can’t even tell
- Symptoms: Exhausted ALL the time. And mood swings…sometimes I don’t know how Hubby and Sista deal with me on a daily basis.
- Food Cravings: Got my turkey/cranberry/pie fix last week at Thanksgiving!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Hubby had something to eat with garlic in it and I could still smell it on his breath when we went to bed…made him use some mouthwash haha
- Sleep: Weird dreams have started…I remember bits and pieces of them but they are STRANGE
- What I miss: Nothing in particular
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: I came up with a good girl’s one I really like but Hubby will probably turn it down just like all my other picks
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: Have stocked up on jeans and a couple shirts but no need to wear them yet
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the heartbeat today!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Telling a couple more good girlfriends this week when they come over for a dinner party