*****This post was originally written on 10/18/11*****
The past few days I have been trying hard to modify my diet so that I’m eating more healthy snacks and getting enough calcium and other vitamins. I really miss counting calories – I feel like I’m going to gain weight so quickly because I’m eating a lot more. But when I weighed myself this AM, I lost another 0.6 compared to last week, so I guess I’ve been okay with keeping on track.
I worked out on Sunday and felt dizzy and very tired afterwards. It scared me because I really didn’t push myself like I normally do on the treadmill. I did a quick walk for the majority of it but jogged for about 5 minutes. I guess I’m going to have be more in tune with my body and just take it easy. It almost seems like I’ll be better doing 20-30 mins each day instead of doing 45 mins every few days.
It’s getting hard keeping this a secret! We did tell both sets of grandparents this past weekend so they all know and are very excited. Sista also knows now, too :) I can’t wait to tell our closest friends but I doubt we’ll spill the beans to anyone else before the first appointment on Halloween.
- How far along?: 5 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: appleseed
- Total weight gain/loss: lost 0.6 today (down 0.8 total since 4 weeks)
- The Bump: Definitely no bump yet
- Symptoms: Still bloated. Still hungry. Still tired. And my boobs started to hurt and I can tell they’re already getting bigger, ugh!
- Food Cravings: Bagels. I finally had one today when I had to go into Boston for a work tradeshow.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Not yet! But I noticed when we went grocery shopping last Sunday that my sense of smell was definitely stronger.
- Sleep: Mostly sleeping through the night, taking a few more naps than I normally do.
- What I miss: Counting calories…it just used to really keep me on track. And coffee…I officially gave it up last week and I was doing okay without it until this AM.
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: I started searching but hubby doesn’t want to really think about any until we find out the gender. I want to start making a list now!
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: N/A
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: Telling my parents that I’m expecting!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Still waiting for the first appointment and ultrasound to come!
And the 5 week picture: