*****This post was originally written on 11/1/2011*****
Currently blogging at our friend’s house because of the freak Halloween snowstorm that came last weekend. We were all fine and dandy until the power went out at 11ish on Saturday night. And now it’s Tuesday night and it’s still off. UGH. What’s most frustrating is that we’re the only block of buildings in our complex with it off still. Good thing we have great friends who take us in!
Anyways yesterday we finally had our first appointment! It was very long as I had the ultrasound then a meeting with the nurse and then finally a check-up with the doctor. After 2 hours we were finally done, but it made me feel so much better to learn that things are good and Baby C is on track :) It is such a crazy experience to see the ultrasound screen – we could barely hear the heartbeat, but just seeing a tiny little blob was amazing. Made me feel like I didn’t make this up and that those two tests I took were actually right.
- How far along?: 7 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: blueberry :)
- Total weight gain/loss: according to the doctor’s scale, I’ve gained 4…sigh I hate how you always weigh more at the doctor than compared to home
- The Bump: no bump yet
- Symptoms: Definitely still tired. And getting more nauseous - it’s like being hungover 24/7. I’m usually feeling better after eating some bland food. Bagels, plain pasta with butter, and wheat thins have saved me.
- Food Cravings: Pizza. Finally had some tonight!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Ugh we cleaned out the fridge today and I had to leave the kitchen…some of the leftovers made me want to hurl.
- Sleep: Getting up just once in the night to pee, other than that, sleeping good
- What I miss: Nothing in particular…a margarita would be nice, though :)
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: No new ones this week
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: N/A
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: Telling some of our closest friends!!!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Waiting for Baby C to grow…he/she is SO tiny right now and looking very alien-like :)
7 week picture: NO PICTURE - due to the lack of power in our house and me getting home too late before the sun set to take a good pic in the bathroom. I don’t look any different compared to Week 6, though.