I remember starting this list a few years ago and thinking there would be no problem to get 101 things done in two and a half years. Well, throw a pregnancy and baby into the mix and let’s just say I think I’m lucky I managed to get over 40 things completed :) The travel items definitely will not get accomplished anytime soon, especially since we’re up in the air with house/moving stuff. I am proud of myself for crossing off many items under Health/Appearance as 2011 was the year I lost 30 pounds and started a journey towards a more healthy lifestyle. I’d like to create a new list in the next month or so and start again, but my goal this time would be to get at least 60 things completed by the end!
Here’s the recap of what I finished a few months ago:
- Start Date: January 13th, 2011
- List End Date: October 10th, 2013
- Items completed so far: 44/101
- items not completed
- items in progress
- 1. Read forty new books (5/40).
Go to a Celtics game with hubby.(April 2011)
- 3. Go to a concert.
- 4. Host 5 dinner parties w/close friends (3/5).
- 5. Go to a water park for the day.
- 6. Watch The Hangover finally.
Visit the Museum of Science in Boston.(Aug 2012)
- 8. Visit 5 new breweries (1/5).
Go to a zoo.(Sept 2011)
Go wine tasting.(Oct 2012)
- 11. Finish 3 new TV shows on DVD that we never watched before. (2/3)
- 12. See Cirque du Soleil.
- 13. Get a new tattoo.
- 14. Go to my 10 year high school reunion.
- 15. Plan a Girl’s Spa Weekend.
- 16. Attend a midnight premiere of a movie.
Go pumpkin picking.(Oct 2012)
Go snorkeling.(Mexico - May 2011)
- 19. Make 5 new playlists on iTunes. (2/5)
- 20. Finish my wedding scrapbook.
- 21. Finish my Italy & Greece scrapbook.
Make a diaper cake for a friend’s baby shower.(July 2011)
- 23. Go to an estate sale and buy a piece of furniture.
Make my own Christmas cards.(Dec 2011)
Make homemade vanilla extract.(Nov 2011)
- 26. Make homemade candles.
Buy something on Etsy.(March 2012)
- 28. Make my own flower-adorned headband.
Find an inspiring quote and work it into a piece of art/home décor.(Jan 2011)
- 30. Fill empty picture frames.
Personal Growth/ Hobbies
- 31. Take a Spanish class.
Learn how to use a smartphone.(Feb 2012)
Talk to my boss about possible promotions/other positions at work.
Post in my blog 4 times a week for a month.(April 2011)
- 35. Visit the local library and get a library card.
- 36. Write a list of 50 things that make me happy.
- 37. Learn how to hem a pair of pants.
Purchase a better camera.(Sept 2011)
- 39. Learn basic photography skills.
- 40. Take pictures of the kitties and enter them in the Cat a Day Calendar contest
Attend a cake decorating class.(March 2011)
- 42. Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years.
Set up a joint checking account.(Jan 2011)
- 44. Write a will and have hubby write one, as well.
Order new checks.(March 2011)
- 46. Take over the last student loan my parents still pay for.
Contribute a percentage of each paycheck to my 401k.(April 2011)
Put away an additional $5000 towards a down deposit on a new house.(Nov 2011)
- 49. Don’t use my debit card/credit cards for one week.
Acts for Others
- 50. Donate to a charity once a year (2/3).
- 51. Adopt a family for Christmas.
- 52. Donate blood.
- 53. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- 54. Buy a toy for Toys for Tots.
- 55. Make hubby breakfast in bed.
Clear out my closet and give away clothes to charity(Nov 2012)
Lose enough weight to fit comfortably back into my favorite clothes.(June 2011)
Walk a mile in less than 17 minutes.(March 2011)
- 59. Exercise three times a week for two months.
- 60. Eat 5 fruits and veggies every day for 2 weeks.
Drink at least 3 glasses of water or seltzer each day for a month.(Dec 2011)
- 62. Get a facial.
Finish a bottle of multi-vitamins.(Nov 2011)
Go to the dentist and then get a cleaning every 6 months after.(March 2013)
Get a full physical. (May 2013)
Style my hair every day for one week (no ponytails/messy buns!). (Feb 2011)
- 67. Ge
t my hair dyed professionally.(Jan 2012)
Get my eyes re-examined and purchase new glasses.(March 2011)
Buy a pair of nice boots.(Oct 2011)
- 70. Don’t hit the snooze button for an entire week.
- 71. Finish decorating the loft so it’s a completed space.
Re-do the kitchen.(March 2013)
- 73. Re-do the tub in the master bath.
- 74. Update sink fixtures in all the bathrooms.
- 75. Add patio stones to our outside space.
Re-decorate the bedroom area of the spare room.(March 2011)
- 77. Re-carpet the bedrooms and main hallway.
Food & Cooking
- 78. Eat at 10 new, local, non-chain restaurants (7/10).
Make lasagna.(April 2011)
- 80. Make Grandma’s pecan pie with a home-made crust.
Go blueberry picking and make jam.(July 2011)
- 82. Make tiramisu.
Bake a cake from scratch.(Guinness Cake w/Bailey's Frosting for St. Patty's Day - March 2012)
Drink an entire Guinness on St. Patrick’s Day.(March 2011)
- 85. Buy a teapot.
Make a gingerbread house.(Dec 2012)
- 87. Barbecue for dinner each night for one week (0/7).
- 88. Try out 50 new recipes (30/50).
- 89. Travel to Jamaica.
Travel to somewhere on the West Coast.(Feb 2012 - San Diego)
Swim in the Pacific Ocean.(stuck my feet in, good enough! Feb 2012 - San Diego)
Travel to Washington D.C.(Sept 2011)
- 93. Go on a cruise.
- 94. Go camping for a weekend.
- 95. Take a trip with my sister.
Take a trip with my parents.(August 2011)
Take a trip with my in-laws.(August 2011)
- 98. Go away for a weekend with friends.
- 99. Stay at a new Bed & Breakfast.
Watch the sun rise and the sun set in one day.(Feb 2012 - San Diego)
- 101. Renew passport w/my new last name