******This post was originally written on 12/6/2011******
Yesterday was the first day that I felt myself getting huggggeee. And I know I have a long way to go, since I’m not even officially through the first trimester yet, but I was not feeling good about myself. I was wearing some knit dress pants since those have been the most comfy lately, but by end the of the work day, I was having to roll down the pants below my belly. I don’t really know how to explain this feeling, but it’s incredibly hard going from being in the best shape of your life to slowly becoming big again. I know it’s all for a good cause, but it’s really messing with my emotions right now.
We have told just about all of our close friends and family, so we’ll probably be announcing it officially on Facebook this weekend and then I can finally start posting normally here on my blog :)
- How far along?: 12 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: plum
- Total weight gain/loss: +5 to 7 pound range
- The Bump: I’m in the awkward stage right now between looking extra chubby and having a bump
- Symptoms: Still tired. I took a nap in my car during lunch earlier this week. Everyone keeps telling me I should feel better this week or next week. Here’s hoping!
- Food Cravings: Grilled cheese and ham…Hubby just made me one! And I’m trying to convince him to make me another ;)
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nope
- Sleep: Ugh sleeping at night has been so off this week…I’ve been trying to compensate with naps but it doesn’t help
- What I miss: nothing specific this week
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: Nothing new to report
- Movement: N/A
- Maternity Clothes: Wore the jeans the first time last weekend…and it look like I’ll be wearing them here on out. No need for shirts yet, though.
- Labor Signs: N/A
- Best Moment of the Week: So many! The crib and changing table got delivered (we got a great deal on Black Friday that we couldn’t pass up), we told good friends this week that are so excited for us, and a couple other good friends had their baby girl a couple days ago.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Ultrasound = tomorrow afternoon! Hoping for a good picture because I need it for our Christmas card design!
Comparing 6 weeks to 12 weeks:
Well, the bump is slowly getting there – def in the awkward “I’ve ate too many cookies” stage, though.