I have seen this list on a few blogs now and one I checked out last week finally inspired me to create my own. The idea is to create a list of goals that you aim to complete in 1001 days or about 2.75 years. A lot of my goals I know I can finish within the next few months, but some of the travel ones we might not be able complete for a couple years. I love lists and I love crossing things off lists even more, so this will be a fun thing for me to try :)
Start Date: January 13th, 2011, List End Date: October 10th, 2013
Items completed so far: 0/101
Key: - items not completed, - items in progress, -
1. Read forty new books (0/40).
2. Go to a Celtics game with hubby.
3. Go to a concert.
4. Host 5 dinner parties w/close friends (0/5).
5. Go to a water park for the day.
6. Watch The Hangover finally.
7. Visit the Museum of Science in Boston.
8. Visit 5 new breweries (0/5).
9. Go to a zoo.
10. Go wine tasting.
11. Finish 3 new TV shows on DVD that we never watched before.
12. See Cirque du Soleil.
13. Get a new tattoo.
14. Go to my 10 year high school reunion.
15. Plan a Girl’s Spa Weekend.
16. Attend a midnight premiere of a movie.
17. Go pumpkin picking.
18. Go snorkeling.
19. Make 5 new playlists on iTunes.
20. Finish my wedding scrapbook.
21. Finish my Italy & Greece scrapbook.
22. Make a diaper cake for a friend’s baby shower.
23. Go to an estate sale and buy a piece of furniture.
24. Make my own Christmas cards.
25. Make homemade vanilla extract.
26. Make homemade candles.
27. Buy something on Etsy.
28. Make my own flower-adorned headband.
29. Find an inspiring quote and work it into a piece of art/home décor.
30. Fill empty picture frames.
Personal Growth/ Hobbies
31. Take a Spanish class.
32. Learn how to use a smartphone.
33. Talk to my boss about possible promotions/other positions at work.
34. Post in my blog 4 times a week for a month.
35. Visit the local library and get a library card.
36. Write a list of 50 things that make me happy.
37. Learn how to hem a pair of pants.
38. Purchase a better camera.
39. Learn basic photography skills.
40. Take pictures of the kitties and enter them in the Cat a Day Calendar contest
41. Attend a cake decorating class.
42. Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years.
43. Set up a joint checking account.
44. Write a will and have hubby write one, as well.
45. Order new checks.
46. Take over the last student loan my parents still pay for.
47. Contribute a percentage of each paycheck to my 401k.
48. Put away an additional $5000 towards a down deposit on a new house.
49. Don’t use my debit card/credit cards for one week.
Acts for Others
50. Donate to a charity once a year (0/3).
51. Adopt a family for Christmas.
52. Donate blood.
53. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
54. Buy a toy for Toys for Tots.
55. Make hubby breakfast in bed.
56. Clear out my closet and give away clothes to charity.
57. Lose enough weight to fit comfortably back into my favorite clothes.
58. Walk a mile in less than 17 minutes.
59. Exercise three times a week for two months.
60. Eat 5 fruits and veggies every day for 2 weeks.
61. Drink at least 3 glasses of water each day for a month.
62. Get a facial.
63. Finish a bottle of multi-vitamins.
64. Go to the dentist and then get a cleaning every 6 months after.
65. Get a full physical.
66. Style my hair every day for one week (no ponytails/messy buns!).
67. Get my hair dyed professionally.
68. Get my eyes re-examined and purchase new glasses.
69. Buy a pair of nice boots.
70. Don’t hit the snooze button for an entire week.
71. Finish decorating the loft so it’s a completed space.
72. Re-do the kitchen.
73. Re-do the tub in the master bath.
74. Update sink fixtures in all the bathrooms.
75. Add patio stones to our outside space.
76. Re-decorate the bedroom area of the spare room.
77. Re-carpet the bedrooms and main hallway.
Food & Cooking
78. Eat at 10 new, local, non-chain restaurants (0/10).
79. Make lasagna.
80. Make Grandma’s pecan pie with a home-made crust.
81. Go blueberry picking and make jam.
82. Make tiramisu.
83. Bake a cake from scratch.
84. Drink an entire Guinness on St. Patrick’s Day.
85. Buy a teapot.
86. Make a gingerbread house.
87. Barbecue for dinner each night for one week (0/7).
88. Try out 50 new recipes (0/50).
89. Travel to Jamaica.
90. Travel to somewhere on the West Coast.
91. Swim in the Pacific Ocean.
92. Travel to Washington D.C.
93. Go on a cruise.
94. Go camping for a weekend.
95. Take a trip with my sister.
96. Take a trip with my parents.
97. Take a trip with my in-laws.
98. Go away for a weekend with friends.
99. Stay at a new Bed & Breakfast.
100. Watch the sun rise and the sun set in one day.
101. Renew passport w/my new last name