Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation to NH! Part 2

We woke up Sunday morning planning to spend the entire day at Story Land, so we arrived about 10 minutes after they officially opened.  There was still a huge line to get in, but since we had our passes from the day before we were able to skip the masses and get right into the park.  We went right over to the antique cars ride first, which is one of the few rides I remember from my family’s trips to the park when I was younger.  We had to wait for about 10 minutes but Toby held it together with some distractions from us, like asking which color car he liked best.  It was finally our turn, and the ride attendant told Toby the rules and to jokingly keep both hands on the wheel.  He sat up front with Daddy and was smiling ear to ear the whole ride. 


Next we went back over to the nursery rhyme and Little Dreamers areas, and of course it was hard to tear him away to explore something new.  We finally got a chance to bring him over to the carousel.  He wasn’t so sure at first, but seemed to like it towards the end.




We then went on the Buccaneer Pirate Ship, which wasn’t one of his favorites since he had to sit down the entire time.  Luckily this ride only lasts a few minutes before you re-dock.  He loved the play area with the mini pirate ships which we explored after, though.  We stopped for a photo op in the pumpkin and he was being so silly, jumping up and down and poking his head out the front.



I wasn’t sure if he would be able to sit still on the Ferris wheel, but we tried it and he did pretty well.  Once everyone actually got in their balloons and we started going, he loved going around and around and looking for Daddy on the ground.  I’m hoping Toby doesn’t inherit Daddy’s fear of heights as he gets older or else I’ll be going on these rides by myself in the future!



I think at this point it was lunch time, which took forever since he was too busy people-watching to eat his PB & J.  We brought sandwiches with us but ended up buying some more snacks to try and get him to just eat something.  After we did a couple other rides and then decided to go back to the condo for a bit to see if Toby would nap there.  Well, as soon as we got loaded into the car and pulled out of the parking lot, he was passed outttt.  So Hubby and I took a right out of Storyland and headed up further into the White Mountains.  It was a beautiful scenic drive – I just didn’t remember how green and vibrant everything was up there!  We had been driving for a little over a half hour when Toby woke himself up, so we decided to go back to Story Land.  After a snack and some water, he was ready to go!

Other rides he loved were the Whirling Whales and the Dutch Shoes.  We also spent a lot of time in the Oceans of Fun splash pad since he’s a fish and would spend all day in the water if we let him. 


He did really well at the park both days – I don’t remember him throwing a tantrum until we getting ready to leave.  Story Land is perfect for kids his age – he was able to do about 2/3 of the rides.  We’re hoping next year he’ll make the cut-off for 36 inches so we can do the others that have the height restriction, like Bamboo Shoots (log water ride).  The park is very clean, super organized, and it was even shaded well so we never felt too hot or like we were in the sun for too long.  The lines for the rides were fairly short, most averaging 5 minutes at the most.  I’m guessing the lines get longer as the summer goes on but considering we visited on Father’s Day, it didn’t seem crowded.  We can’t wait to come back next year!

We left NH early Monday morning, which was Toby’s actual birthday.  Unfortunately he must have picked up some kind of virus and was hacking up a lung all Sunday night into Monday.  He napped on the way home until we were about 45 minutes away and was coughing so much we decided to stop for lunch at Ninety-Nine.  Well lots of coughing plus too much food = puke at the table and let’s just say we high-tailed it out of there fast.  I felt so bad for him not feeling well on his birthday.  We were at the doctor’s later that afternoon and he ended up having an ear infection, but that really had nothing to do with the cough since they thought it was just a viral thing (which did end up being true since I got it about a week later after his birthday party).  At least he was still too young to realize it was his real birthday!  We had such a great weekend that I think it made up for a not-so-fun actual birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.